Positions: Project Coordinator
CDA 2030 is a community-based nonprofit created to develop a shared vision for a bright future for greater Coeur d'Alene, ID - and a plan to get there. In the first year, CDA 2030 gathered input of thousands of community members to develop the comprehensive shared vision and an Implementation Plan to make that vision a reality. CDA 2030’s ongoing mission is to efficiently implement project actions, raise awareness of our community vision, and further engage the community to achieve our vision.
The Project Coordinator works collaboratively with the Project Manager as well as the CDA 2030 Committees and Board of Directors. CDA 2030 seeks a dynamic, self-starter to support priority action projects, provide administrative support for the organizational functions, and assist in the development of marketing and outreach efforts.
- Provide administrative support (30%)
- Coordinate marketing efforts for a youth literacy program and other programs over time (30%)
- Assist with organizational marketing, outreach, communication/public relations and branding efforts (30%)
- Special projects (10%)
- Provide administrative support to the Project Manager, to include scheduling meetings, composing correspondences, ensuring proper distribution of communications, generating documents, reports, spreadsheets, tables, meeting notes, etc., and researching information for reports and meetings;
- Support the planning, organization, and logistics for community event planning;
- Update and maintain the CDA 2030 and youth literacy program social media presence, including weekly monitoring, posting, scheduling and reporting Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram updates;
- Assist in planning, writing and managing e-newsletters;
- Design flyers, graphics and other marketing materials;
- Update the organization’s website regularly;
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in the following fields: Planning, Graphic Design, Marketing/Communications, Public Relations) or related work experience;
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing;
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe and similar programs). Proficiency in some Adobe Creative Suites programs highly desired;
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts;
- Ability to work effectively with personnel and volunteers, stakeholders, and members of the general public;
- Experience using calendaring software to schedule meetings;
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team;
- Demonstrated success in providing administrative assistance while balancing numerous task/assignments with accuracy and interruption;
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of the organization’s mission.
- Demonstrated ability, with minimal supervision to independently coordinate/process delegated assignments, sometimes with complexity;
- Ability to take initiative to plan and complete assigned projects; recognize errors and solve problems to make improvements short and long-term;
- Understanding of available tools and platforms for social media;
- Experience planning, supporting, and organizing events;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully use spreadsheet software and develop calculations (write simple functions) to compile data for reports;
- Knowledge of website content management systems is a plus.
Start Date: Position open until filled
Hours: 24 – 29 hours/week
Compensation: $18 – $23/hour, dependent upon experience
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, references, and work samples to Nicole Kahler at nicole@CDA2030.org.
Want to help shape greater Coeur d'Alene’s future? Let us know if you have a particular interest or area of expertise that you want to get involved in. Contact CDA 2030's project manager, Nicole Kahler by email at nicole@CDA2030.org or call 208-415-0112 to speak to her directly.